Neighbourhood Support Manawatu collects personal information in order to conduct our core activities, which include:
- Organising community initiatives and events, including coordinating volunteers
- Updating the community about our projects, events, and the work of related community organisations in the Manawatu
- Sharing educational material with the community about community safety, emergency preparedness
Information collected includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Contact information
- Location / address
- Details about who lives in your household
- Details about your support needs
- Additional details on occasion, dependent on the activity
- Details about your organisation
All information is collected on a voluntary basis. Neighbourhood Support Manawatu will never disclose your personal information to any other organisation, beyond what is stated in this policy, without your consent.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong, and to be removed from our database. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, or to be removed please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us:
Neighbourhood Support Manawatu
C.O. Feilding Police
PO Box 341, Feilding 4702
Data storage and maintenance
Data may also be replicated on tools and software that we use on a daily basis, including:
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Google Drive
- NSM device hard drives
Information is collected according to contact types. Contact types are described as follows:
- Member – a resident of Manawatu District who has signed up to be part of NSM’s core activities
- Community org contact – a representative of a community organisation that NSM collaborates with
- Local business contact – a representative of a local business that NSM works with, or receives donations from
- School contact – a representative of a school in the Manawatu District that NSM provides volunteers to, or collaborates with in some way
- Volunteer – an individual who volunteers for Neighbourhood Support in some capacity
Roles & accessibility
NSM’s data is accessible to certain individuals depending on role. The following table defines role types and the information they can access, under which circumstances.
|Role||Access details||Circumstances and/or restrictions|
|Administrator||Access to all members, community org contacts, local business contacts, and volunteers. Bulk email rights for all contact types. Administrative rights to designate roles, and alter / maintain back-end of database. Reporting and export rights for all data.||Restricted to NSM’s General Manager, our IT support representative, and Infoodle Support staff.|
|NSM staff or volunteer||Access to all members, community org contacts, local business contacts, and volunteers. Bulk email rights for all members. Reporting and export rights for all data.||All staff & volunteers must undergo database training from an administrator, sign a privacy agreement, and sign the Neighbourhood Support NZ Code of Conduct.|
|Street coordinator||Access to members in their designated street group, who have consented to their details being shared with their street coordinator. Bulk email rights for their designated street group. Reporting and export rights for designated street group.||All street coordinator must undergo database training from a NSM staff member or volunteer, sign a privacy agreement, and sign the Neighbourhood Support NZ Code of Conduct.|
|Emergency management coordinator||Access to members in an emergency management group, who have consented to their details being shared with the emergency management coordinator||Activated only once the emergency management coordinator has signed a privacy agreement and the Neighbourhood Support NZ Code of Conduct.|
|Manawatu District Council representative||Access to members’ information in specific street / emergency management groups. Bulk email rights for specific street / emergency management groups.||Only in the event of an emergency, for areas affected by the emergency, for the purposes of the emergency response. Access is removed once the response phase is over.|
|Emergency Operations Centre* representative||Access to members’ information in specific street / emergency management groups. Bulk email rights for specific street / emergency management groups.||Only in the event of an emergency, for areas affected by the emergency, for the purposes of the emergency response. Access is removed once the response phase is over.|
* An Emergency Operations Centre is activated by Civil Defence and Emergency Management (CDEM) in the event of an emergency. Various organisations and volunteers participate in a coordinated response, under nine functions. The most common functions that would access NSM’s database in an emergency response are Welfare, Public Information Management, and Logistics. For more information about how the EOC operates please email us on email@example.com with your questions.
Street and area designation for contact groups
Members are assigned to various contact groups for administrative purposes, and to manage information access according to the roles listed above.
Street groups are self-defined by street coordinators, according to what they deem as their “neighbourhood”. In most cases, a street group will comprise a whole street, a segment of a street (if it is longer than 20-30 house), and the neighbouring houses at the end of the street. Members can request the list of addresses in their contact group from their street coordinator, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency management groups
Emergency management groups are broader areas comprising multiple streets, in which information is gathered for the purposes of identifying needs for support in the event of an emergency, and resources that may assist in an emergency response.
Frequently asked questions
What does “share my details with my street coordinator” mean?
You can request the list of addresses in your contact group from their street coordinator, or by emailing email@example.com
How can I remove my details from your database?
You have the right to request to be removed from our database. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us:
Neighbourhood Support Manawatu
C.O. Feilding Police
PO Box 341, Feilding 4702
Why do you share my details in the event of an emergency?
In the event of an emergency, we work with Manawatu District Council and other CDEM agencies to participate in the coordinated response. In this situation, the information we hold about you can be used to ensure your safety and provide support to you. In most cases, it would be NSM staff or volunteers accessing our database and getting in touch with you, but if the emergency is significant we might need help from other agencies to do this.
Who do you share my details with, in the event of an emergency?
Other members of the Emergency Operations Centre. These are likely to be staff of Manawatu District Council, NZ Police, staff or volunteers from other community & social service organisations like ours such as Manawatu Rural Support Service, Manchester House, Te Manawa, Community Patrol, and others.
How do I unsubscribe from NSM newsletters?
You can update your newsletter preferences at any time here: https://nsmanawatu.infoodle.com/f/UpdateNewsletterPreferences
Please note, unsubscribing from all newsletters does not remove you from our database. See here to do this.
Neighbourhood Support Manawatu’s website is https://www.neighbourhoodsupportmanawatu.org.nz/
You may browse and access the vast majority of information contained in this website without providing any personal information. We use Google Analytics to record some data about user-behaviour on our website, including page views, time on page, pages visited. This data is not linked to your personal contact information in any way.
Wherever personal information is collected via the website, this is done through iFrame in connection with our database. Subsequently, all such collected data is subject to the abovementioned policy.
Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this site (https://www.neighbourhoodsupportmanawatu.org.nz) is provided by Neighbourhood Support Manawatu subject to the following terms. If you do not accept the terms and conditions listed, please do not use the Site.
The Site and any related services are available to you, provided that you can form legally binding agreements under applicable law. The Site is not available to minors. If you are a minor, please do not use the Site.
Neighbourhood Support Manawatu grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable, revocable license to view and temporarily download a copy of the materials displayed on the Site solely for your personal and non-commercial use for yourself or within your organization. All materials displayed or made available on the Site, including, but not limited to, graphics, documents, text, images, sound, video, audio, artwork, software, and HTML code (collectively, the “Material”) are exclusive property of Neighbourhood Support Manawatu. The Materials are protected by international copyright laws and any other applicable intellectual property rules, regulations, and laws. Except as expressly permitted herein, you shall not (i) use, copy, modify, display, delete, distribute, download, store, reproduce, transmit, publish, sell, re-sell, adapt, reverse engineer, or create derivative works of the Material, or (ii) use the Material on other web sites or any media, e.g., networking environment, without Neighbourhood Support Manawatu’s prior written consent.
All trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed on the Site are exclusive property of Neighbourhood Support Manawatu and their respective owners, or the named organisation. You shall not use the Marks in any manner without Neighbourhood Support Manawatu’s and their respective owners’ prior written consent.
- User submissions
You acknowledge and agree that Neighbourhood Support Manawatu may retain copies of your Submitted Materials and disclose your Submitted Materials to a third party if Neighbourhood Support Manawatu believes that it is necessary to: (i) protect the integrity of the Site; (ii) protect rights of Neighbourhood Support Manawatu; (iii) comply with any court order; (iv) comply with any legal proceedings; (v) assert Neighbourhood Support Manawatu’s claim under this Notice; and (vi) satisfy any claims regarding violations of third party’s rights.
- General prohibition
In connection with your Use, you agree NOT to:
- infringe any intellectual property and privacy rights, including, but not limited to, patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secrets, of any third party;
- upload, post, transmit, or store any material that:
- is unlawful, offensive, defamatory, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, harmful, threatening, harassing, obscene, or objectionable;
- breaches any of your contractual or confidentiality obligations;
- disrupts or interferes with the normal operations of the Site, such as posting or transmitting viruses, continuous posting of repetitive materials, or posting abnormally large load; or
- are not permitted by Neighbourhood Support Manawatu, including, but not limited to, any unauthorized advertising materials, unsolicited promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam mail,” “chain letters,” pyramid schemes, franchises, distributorship, club membership, sales arrangement, or otherwise unacceptable materials;
- violate other’s privacy rights or personal rights by abusing the Materials, including, but not limited to, harassing or “stalking” another person, sending unsolicited e-mails, and collecting others personal information;
- breach or attempt to breach any security measures of the Site;
- use any device, process, or mechanism to monitor, retrieve, search, or access, e.g., spider or robot, the Site or any Material without Neighbourhood Support Manawatu’s prior written consent;
- access or attempt to access any account or login of any third party listed on the Site;
- copy, modify, reproduce, delete, distribute, download, store, transmit, sell, re-sell, publish, reverse engineer, or create derivative works of any Materials, except for materials that have been submitted and owned by you;
- post or submit any inaccurate, false, or incomplete information, such as your resume, biographical data, or employment information;
- impersonate any person or entity;
- forge any header information in any electronic posting or mail; or
- misrepresent yourself, your affiliation with any third party, or your entity.
You acknowledge and accept that:
- You assume all risk related to or resulting from your usage, viewing, or access of the site. The site is provided on an “AS IS” and an “as available” basis.
- Neighbourhood Support Manawatu expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or warranties arising from course of performance, course of dealing or usage.
- Neighbourhood Support Manawatu expressly disclaims all warranties that (I) The site and its materials will be error-free or virus-free; (II) The site will be uninterrupted and secure; (III) The site will be uninterrupted and all available at all times; (IV) The site will meet your requirements; and (V) The reliability, accuracy, completeness, validity, or truthfulness of any submitted materials.
Neighbourhood Support Manawatu has the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate any services of the Site and remove any Materials from the Site. Neighbourhood Support Manawatu may also terminate your access to any part or all of the services provided by Neighbourhood Support Manawatu on the Site at any time, with or without cause or notice, for any reasons. If you want to terminate your account, you may only cease your Use of the Site Neighbourhood Support Manawatu shall not be responsible for maintaining or returning your Submitted Materials, your account, or your logon and password. You should always maintain a copy of your Submitted Materials.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions about our website’s terms and conditions, please feel free to contact us by email email@example.com